Aldarix the Battlemage
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
You are the Battlemage, master of spell-based combat! Once again, the kingdom is in peril. It is up to you to defend it.
Aldarix the Battlemage is a casual "puzzle roguelike". Key features include:
- Turn-based combat, based on spells and positioning.
- Story mode.
- Survival mode with randomized levels and permadeath for hardcore players.
- Spells are balanced so that the right spell must be chosen for each situation. Correctly used they can have devastating effect!
The game is primarily targeted towards mobile, but can be played on desktop as well.
This version includes the first 16 levels of the campaign, and 22 levels survival mode.
You can also follow Aldarix the Battlemage on twitter at: https://twitter.com/AldarixB
- Move using the on-screen arrows or the arrow keys, or by swiping or clicking on nearby tiles. Move into enemies to attack using your basic attack.
- Click spell buttons to cast spells. Long-press the spell buttons to show info.
- Click on monsters to show info.
For Story mode:
- Defeat all enemies in an area to progress to the next area.
- Defeating all enemies will restore your life and mana.
For Survival mode:
- You can advance to the next level without defeating all enemies.
- Life and mana is not restored between levels.
- Death is permanent.
Current version is 0.7, released 2018-04-10.
The file Battlemage.jar is an executable jar, so should be runnable by double-clicking. You need to have java installed.
The file Battlemage.apk is for installing on android devices. You may need to enable the setting "Unknown Sources" to be able to install it.