Aldarix the Battlemage
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
Alpha version of the game Aldarix the Battlemage. Aldarix the Battlemage is a puzzle roguelike in which you must defeat hordes of enemies using powerful spells. The game focuses on positioning and clever use of mana. Spells are balanced so that the right spell must be chosen for each situation. Correctly used they can have devastating effect!
The game is primarily targeted towards mobile, but can be played on desktop as well.
This test version includes the first 16 levels of the campaign, and 12 levels survival mode.
You can also follow Aldarix the Battlemage on twitter at: https://twitter.com/AldarixB
- Move using the on-screen arrows or the arrow keys. Move into enemies to attack using your basic attack.
- Click spell buttons to cast spells. Long-press the spell buttons to show info.
- Click on monsters to show info.
For Campaign mode:
- Defeat all enemies in an area to progress to the next area.
- Defeating all enemies will restore your life and mana.
For Survival mode:
- You start with all spells.
- You can advance to the next level without defeating all enemies.
- Life and mana is not restored between levels.
- Death is permanent.
Please, if you try the game, let me know what you think! How is the difficulty? Do you find that the game advances too slowly or too quickly? Any spells that are particularly fun or boring? Enemies? And the main question: Does the main character sprite look like a badass battlemage with flowing white hair (think Elric of Melniboné), or (as some claim) like an old lady?
The file Battlemage.jar is an executable jar, so should be runnable by double-clicking. You need to have java installed.
The file Battlemage.apk is for installing on android devices. You may need to enable the setting "Unknown Sources" to be able to install it.